If love be rough with you, be rough with love.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Act IV

Interviewer:
            What was it like to be murdered at the hand of Tybalt?

Mercutio:
            There hath not been but a single day of which I have given it no thought. I know not of anyone else who has died a death so undeserving. I wish not to speak more of that untimely event, for it distresses me so.

Interviewer:
            My apologies, I did not mean to intrude. If I may ask, what are your sentiments towards the death of Tybalt?

Mercutio:
            You may. I am content that he ceases to exist, however I do not find the consequences on Romeo’s behalf to be worth the toil for there is nothing that can undo what hath been done.

Interviewer:
            Do you take Romeo’s exile upon yourself?

Mercutio:
            The thought has dwelled in my mind and I do understand the weight of the situation, however it was his hand that hath slain Tybalt, not my own. Although unfortunate, I cannot be held accountable for his actions. I wish upon him good fortune.

Interviewer:
            Out of speculation, should it have been yourself and not Romeo, would you have avenged your dear friend?

Mercutio:
            I would have made haste and done the deed without hesitation. Should I have been exiled, I would have left behind Verona walls, as I advise Romeo to do.

Interviewer:
             As you know, Juliet Capulet is now in the beyond with you, do you think her death has anything to do with that of her cousin Tybalt’s?

Mercutio:
            No I do not believe that. Although I am certain that she was very distressed over his death, I do not believe that it was tragic enough for her to claim her life.

2 comments:

  1. R.I.P bestiee </3
    Rest in paradise.
    Dearest frannnd, do you want your death avenged? i do not like violence but hateeers gonna h8 and b1tcch3z be hatin. you died for no reason and your death shall be avenged if ya want .

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sorry for your death and wish you the best in your new life. However Romeo was just defending your lost life when he stuck Tybalt, do you really think that you cannot be held accountable for his actions? You are a hot head!

    ReplyDelete